Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

​Ambari showing old hardware specs for agent nodes

New Contributor

Ambari showing old hardware specs for agent nodes A customer has HDP 2.5 and Ambari 2.4.0.1. They have a number of slave virtual machines and each one of them initially had 6 CPUs and 32GB of RAM. At some point they changed the hardware specs of the VMs to increase bot CPU and RAM for each node. The problem is that Ambari still shows me the old specs for each node. I don't know how exactly they went about changing the specs, and whether the machines got shutdown in the process or not. My first thought was to restart ambari-agent on each node, but this is a production environment, so I wanted to first ask and get a confirmation that (1) this will indeed refresh the hardware specs seen in Ambari and (2) will not interfere with the various Sqoop jobs that are currently importing data. I can't seem to find a definitive answer in the documentation, so any comments will be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Expert Contributor

@Nikolay Kanov You can do the Ambari Agents restarts and Sqoop jobs won't be having any interference as it doesn't have anything to do with Ambari Agent restarts.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Expert Contributor

@Nikolay Kanov You can do the Ambari Agents restarts and Sqoop jobs won't be having any interference as it doesn't have anything to do with Ambari Agent restarts.