Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Ambari starts failed after HDF installation

Highlighted

Ambari starts failed after HDF installation

I try to install the latest Horton DataFlow package with Centos7. I try the following steps:

1. Download the right repository:

$ sudo wget -nv http://public-repo-1.hortonworks.com/ambari/centos7/2.x/updates/2.4.2.0/ambari.repo -O /etc/yum.repos.d/ambari.repo

2. Install Ambari server

$ sudo yum install ambari-server

3. Ambari setup

$ sudo service ambari-server setup

4. Install the HDF mpack

$ sudo ambari-server install-mpack \ --mpack=http://public-repo-1.hortonworks.com/HDF/centos7/2.x/updates/2.1.2.0/tars/hdf_ambari_mp/hdf-ambari-mpack-2.1.2.0-10.tar.gz \ --purge \ --verbose

After installation, I try to run

$ sudo service ambari-server start

but I've got the following error

$ sudo service ambari-server start
Using python  /usr/bin/python
Starting ambari-server
Ambari Server running with administrator privileges.
Organizing resource files at /var/lib/ambari-server/resources...
Ambari database consistency check started...
No errors were found.
Ambari database consistency check finished
Server PID at: /var/run/ambari-server/ambari-server.pid
Server out at: /var/log/ambari-server/ambari-server.out
Server log at: /var/log/ambari-server/ambari-server.log
Waiting for server start.........
ERROR: Exiting with exit code -1.
REASON: Ambari Server java process died with exitcode 255. Check /var/log/ambari-server/ambari-server.out for more information.

In /var/log/ambari-server/ambari-server.log I can see the following error

03 May 2017 17:21:14,493 ERROR [main] AmbariServer:929 - Failed to run the Ambari Server org.apache.ambari.server.AmbariException: Current database store version is not compatible with current server version, serverVersion=2.4.2.0, schemaVersion=2.5.0 at org.apache.ambari.server.checks.DatabaseConsistencyCheckHelper.checkDBVersionCompatible(DatabaseConsistencyCheckHelper.java:147) at org.apache.ambari.server.controller.AmbariServer.main(AmbariServer.java:919)

Then I try to say

$ sudo service ambari-server upgrade

but nothing happens. I checked my /etc/hosts but everything looks good. Has anyone an idea how to fix that?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Ambari starts failed after HDF installation

Looks like there is already an existing Ambari database with a newer schema version (2.5.0 vs 2.4.2.0). If it's a clean install, you could drop those databases and re-run ambari-server setup to get in a good state.

@Ramon Wartala If my answer solved your problem, please click the accept answer link.

Highlighted

Alternatively, you can also issue ambari-server reset and then run ambari-server setup

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here