Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Ambari vs Hue

Explorer

Hello,

I am installing Hadoop components via DEB packages (I do not want to use Ambari to manage cluster).

But I am missing fancy web-interface Hue provides to monitor job progress per user (list of user's jobs, % completed, logs, etc), because Hue is not supported on Ubuntu. We used Hue as a replacement for very poor standard YARN web interface.

Is it possible to use Ambari for that?

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Guru

@John Dison

You can use Ambari views for submitting pig/hive jobs, you can use Ambari's file browser view to browse HDFS, you can use TEZ view to browse TEZ applications but AFAIK You cannot browse the YARN applications using Ambari UI like HUE. I checked in Ambari 2.2.1.0.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Master Guru

@John Dison

You can use Ambari views for submitting pig/hive jobs, you can use Ambari's file browser view to browse HDFS, you can use TEZ view to browse TEZ applications but AFAIK You cannot browse the YARN applications using Ambari UI like HUE. I checked in Ambari 2.2.1.0.

Explorer

Okay, I see 😞

Why hue is unsupported on Ubuntu then? What is the problem? It is pure python application that should be OS-independent?

Hadoop's own YARN web interface is so poor and it would be very nice to have Hue supported.