Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

An alternate might be to use Falcon and using free form tags to the metadata but that would require changes to the way data is currently ingested, unless we can schedule a curl script in Falcon.?how falcon is good for tagging?

Rising Star

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Mentor
@khushi kalra

Falcon is really good in tagging. Atlas is good for data governance piece. I believe you are specifically asking for Falcon feature.

You can define tags in falcon UI. Please take a look on this http://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDP2/HDP-2.3.4/bk_data_governance/content/ch_hdp_data_gover...

1900-screen-shot-2016-02-08-at-94618-pm.png

1931-screen-shot-2016-02-08-at-94610-pm.png

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Master Mentor

Rising Star

But atlas is not available with the roadmap thing .

what are the other solutions for tagging the metadata?you have any example?

Master Mentor

@khushi kalra Atlas is the tool. Tagging is on the roadmap.

Rising Star

But atlas is in processing state right?

There is no example or working demonstration for it.

i want to tag data (any type of data? coming in and save its metadata at some place so that we can access it. how can i nachieve that

Master Mentor

Master Mentor
@khushi kalra

Falcon is really good in tagging. Atlas is good for data governance piece. I believe you are specifically asking for Falcon feature.

You can define tags in falcon UI. Please take a look on this http://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDP2/HDP-2.3.4/bk_data_governance/content/ch_hdp_data_gover...

1900-screen-shot-2016-02-08-at-94618-pm.png

1931-screen-shot-2016-02-08-at-94610-pm.png

Rising Star

@Neeraj Sabharwal where does falcon save the metadata? who all can access that metadata?

Master Mentor

Master Mentor