Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

An error occured during updating current repository versions with stack repositories

An error occured during updating current repository versions with stack repositories

Explorer

Hi,

I tried upgrading my HDF from 2.1.4 to 3.0.1.1. The installation failed so I thought I would roll back to the woking state before I try again. But now I am unable to roll back to a working state on my environment and Ambari Service will not start.

I performed these steps to roll back:

https://community.hortonworks.com/content/supportkb/48757/how-to-perform-a-roll-back-on-ambari-serve...

The error I'm seeing is similar to what is described here:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-18467

Is it possible to roll back major version and, if it is, is there a way to get past this issue without installing my entire stack?

Regards,

Geouffrey

ambari-server.tar.gz

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted

Re: An error occured during updating current repository versions with stack repositories

Mentor

@Geouffrey Erasmus

Did you backup and restore your Postgres database

Can you try with this option

# ambari-server start --skip-database-check

Please revert

Highlighted

Re: An error occured during updating current repository versions with stack repositories

Explorer

Yes I did restored my db before I started ambari-server

No luck with the recommendation. The error remains the same.

Highlighted

Mentor

@Geouffrey Erasmus

If all has failed. Please see this hortonworks restore method or this ibm

Highlighted

Explorer

Good idea but unfortunately I ended up with the exact same error message on the new server

Highlighted

Mentor

@Geouffrey Erasmus

It seems we run out of options is this a production cluster?

If not then you will have to drop the Postgres database create a new one and rerun ambari setup !

And start with a new database but you will lose all the old stats!

Highlighted

Explorer

Seems like it

Luckily this is not production yet. I wanted to upgrade everything before we went live with the environments over the next month which is when everything went wrong.

I guess I will lose all my configurations? LDAP, ranger, SSL, etc when I start with a fresh postgres setup

Highlighted

Mentor

@Geouffrey Erasmus

No you just need to recreate the ambari database, unfortunately, you will have to do the Ambari SSL /LDAP

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here