I would like to introduce the project which can save you hours for deploying CDH without the Cloudera Manager.
Please take a look at https://github.com/sergevs/ansible-cloudera-hadoop
What you can expect after deployment:
- a cluster( or a host ) with configured services is runnning
- the managed cluster: you can start/stop or see status of any service from a management host.
- if you configured the Hue, most of examples will work( to be clear you can expect «Spark The app won't work without a running Livy Spark Server.» And «DB Query» hangs but that’s not my fault )
I would appreciate any feedback.
- monitoring. Zenoss 4 will be implemented.
- more supported components. by a request.
- debian support. by a request.