Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Apache Ambari : Datanode installation failed while installing in existing cluster

Highlighted

Apache Ambari : Datanode installation failed while installing in existing cluster

I have created hadoop cluster using apache ambari 2.1.0 with 3 datanodes. Now when I am trying to add another datanode into (existing cluster) it, it throws an error that,

no presto metadata available for hdp-2.3.

Error downloading packages: hadoop_2_3_4_0_3485-yarn-proxyserver-2.7.1.2.3.4.0-3485.el6.x86_64: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to try.

14 REPLIES 14

Re: Apache Ambari : Datanode installation failed while installing in existing cluster

@Viraj Vekaria

Few question -

1. Are you using local repository to download hdp packages or is it downloading from internet ?

2. Is the error for only "hadoop_2_3_4_0_3485-yarn-proxyserver-2.7.1.2.3.4.0-3485.el6.x86_64" package or all packages ?

It seems that somehow when its trying to install packages on the newly added datanode host [yum install <package_name>] its not able to reach to the repository on local/internet.

Please do make sure your firewall/iptables is disabled / not blocking your connection to download packages.

Pls - do refer link - https://access.redhat.com/solutions/203603

Highlighted

Re: Apache Ambari : Datanode installation failed while installing in existing cluster

@Sagar Shimpi

1) I don't know as I am doing this using ambari, I am just following steps of add new hosts in ambari.I guess ambari itself is downloading HDP packages behind the scenes.

2) No right now I am seeing only this package error in ambari log.

And 1 more imp thing is I am doing this on CentOS 7 and not a red hat so link suggested by you is not helpful I think.

Highlighted

If this is your test machine can you check if you are able to reach internet -

# ping google.com

Highlighted

yes its reachable I checked

Highlighted

@Viraj Vekaria

Do you see more error messages? You would find a possibly find a yum install command before this error message. Please run the same manually and see how it goes.

Please check if https://www.centos.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=53278 helps

Thanks & Rgds

Venkat

Highlighted

yes @vpoornalingam, I have seen yum install command as follows

resource_management.core.exceptions.Fail: Execution of '/usr/bin/yum -d 0 -e 0 -y install 'hadoop_2_3_*'' returned 1. No Presto metadata available

I had run same script manually as well but same error occured, I doubt if there is some mirror problem.Isn't it ?

Highlighted

Yes - but the problem is not with the mirror, but accessing the mirror. Are you able to reach the internet from this node? Please look for generic yum issues related to 'No presto metadata available for'.

Highlighted

I have already done that @vpoornalingam.None of this solution working here, and yes I can access internet from this machine on which I am trying to add datanode

Highlighted

That is tricky. How was the new machine added to the cluster? Is it automatic registration of manual registration? Could you list /etc/yum.repos.d and the content of HDP*repo. Please try @Geoffrey Shelton Okot suggestions and see if it helps!

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here