Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Apache Ambari : Datanode installation failed while installing in existing cluster

Highlighted

Re: Apache Ambari : Datanode installation failed while installing in existing cluster

I have already tried @Geoffrey Shelton Okot's solution and commented on that as well with snapshot of ambari which shows error log.Though I am trying your suggestion of yum clean all

Highlighted

Re: Apache Ambari : Datanode installation failed while installing in existing cluster

1. Try 'yum clean all' and then try to run the command manually
  2. add timeout=999 in /etc/yum.conf and try
Highlighted

Mentor

@Viraj Vekaria

The repository that you are using appears to be missing the hadoop_2_3_4_0* packages which would explain the message about no presto data but that is optional and it should work without it.

I think some upstream proxy has cached a bad copy of that package and keeps sending it to you.

Try obtaining the new repos

wget -nv
http://public-repo-1.hortonworks.com/ambari/centos7/2.x/updates/2.1.0/ambari.repo
-O /etc/yum.repos.d/ambari.repo
# yum repolist
# yum update 

Please try the above and retry

@Geoffrey Shelton Okot

I have tried as u suggested but the result is same, please see the attachment

2779-hdp-2-3.jpg

Highlighted

@Geoffrey Shelton Okot

Have you seen my snapshot? If you have any idea related it please help me out here as this same issue is facing during cluster setup as well sometimes and not just on datanode installation.It seems I am facing this issue randomly.

Can't get ahead of it.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here