Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Apache Metron Installation for testing

Apache Metron Installation for testing

New Contributor

Hello everyone, 

I am new to the world of cybersecurity and big data and I have been assigned with the task of trying to download Metron and test it on Ubuntu VM . 

The VM that I have does not support Virtualization and so I am unable to use the Single Node VM installation 

I am currently doing the installation with Ambari Mpack and following the instructions in the link below. 

http://metron.apache.org/current-book/metron-deployment/packaging/ambari/metron-mpack/index.html

I am just needing to test metron use cases and so what is the minimum no of VM's on which I can install Metron and minimum number of Vm's to install Ambari . 

Does Metron need to be installed only on the node where Ambari server is installed apart from the VM dedicated for deploying Metron ?

Can I test Metron without using Ambari ? what are the minimum number of VM's required to input a syslog to Metron and see if it is able to ingest data and give me an output ?

If so could you point me to the documentation detailing the same?

It would be greatly appreciated. 

I understand these are basic questions that I need help with butI would appreciate it greatly if you could help me with it . @asubramanian 

Thank You 

Rathi  

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here