Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Apache Nifi Installation in Clooudera

Apache Nifi Installation in Clooudera

New Contributor

Hello All,

Can any one please guide me in installing apache Nifi from cloudera manager (5.8). Do I have to install nifi stand with cloudera manager parcels, there are hardly any help i see on line. please help...

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Apache Nifi Installation in Clooudera

Contributor

hi

I've found this so far

https://github.com/prateek/nifi-parcel

Super Guru

CDH does not include NiFi, so, if you did want to add it to a CDH cluster that leverages Cloudera Manager and parcels, it would need to be added via a custom parcel like the one @obar1 pointed out. If you prefer to build your own, the instructions are here:

https://github.com/cloudera/cm_ext/wiki

Regards,

Ben

Rising Star

Since the question was asked, the situation has changed. As soon as Hortonworks and Cloudera merged, NiFi became supported by Cloudera.

Shortly after the integrations with CDH were also completed, so that NiFi is now a fully supported and integrated component.

Please look into the documentation for the latest info at any time, but in general Cloudera Manager is now able to install NiFi.

New Contributor
Hi Dennis,

Can we install CFM parcels to use NiFi in the cloudera enterprise cluster? How about the licensing does it needs to be purchased separately or is it included, I think if we use CDP only then we need to go for licensing to use NiFi? Could you please shed some light on the licensing part.

Thanks
David

Rising Star
Hello David,

You can indeed use a parcel to install NiFi on an existing CDH cluster.

At time of writing Nifi has a different pricing model than what you currently have.
For the latest status at any time including more details I would recommend you and future readers to get in touch with your Cloudera contact.

Kind regards,
Dennis
Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here