Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Apache Nifi SSL configuration and accessing the web page

Highlighted

Apache Nifi SSL configuration and accessing the web page

New Contributor

Hi All,

I am new to Nifi I started configuring SSL certificate in the Nifi server. So the steps i followed were like I generated the private key and CRT certificate than combined the file into PKCS12 format which we put in keystore. Than we generated the trustore by converting the CRT certificate into .JKS format and we put both the keystore and trustore in the nifi.properties config file. After that we tried to login into the web browser for accessing Apache Nifi by importing the keystore and trustore certificates into the browser but it did not open the browser. So i have two question here:

1. For getting the secure access to the browser do we nee to configure the user.xml and authorization.xml file present in config folder and provide the user detail in the user.xml file.

2.Earlier we have generated the public and private keys in the nifi server only. So please let us know if to access the Nifi browser do we need to create the public keys in our local machine and put them in the Nifi server. Or is there any step we are missing.

Thanks in advance

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Apache Nifi SSL configuration and accessing the web page

New Contributor

Can anyone please help me on this

New Contributor

Hi All,

Just adding few more points on the above query:

1. We have got the CRT certificate from Rapid SSL and than to generate the keystore we created one .pkcs 12 file by combining our CRT and Pem file. then we converted the pkcs12 file to .jks and configured it in the nifi server

2. For generating the truststore we converted the CRT file to .JKS and configured it in the NIFI server.

Than we added the PKCS 12 file in the web browser after adding the file to the browser our Apache Nifi site is not getting opened. Although we checked in the server the Apache Nifi server is up and running. So can anyone please help us on this and provide some suggestion.

@Ayaskant Das

Are you still having trouble accessing the NiFi UI?

Master Guru

@Ayaskant Das

Tail your nifi-user.log and then try to access the NiFi UI. What do you see?