Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Apache nifi merge two different csv file and create combine output to json

New Contributor

Hi All,

I am novice to nifi and want to achieve my task with nifi

Problem statement :

I have two csv file 1) Inventory 2) Rate which are in csv

Both of files have common UNIT_ID (InventoryId)

Input Inventory File

UNIT_ID|NAME|TOTAL
1111|ABC|90
1112|XYZ|50

Input Rate File

UNIT_ID|TYPE|RATE
1111|ONE|900
1111|TWO|5800
1112|RTY|500

Output Json

[{
"UNIT_ID": "1111",
"NAME": "ABC",
"TOTAL": "90",
"RATES": [{
"TYPE": "ONE",
"RATE": "900"
}, {
"TYPE": "TWO",
"RATE": "5800"
}]
},
{
"UNIT_ID": "1112",
"NAME": "XYZ",
"TOTAL": "50",
"RATES": [{
"TYPE": "RTY",
"RATE": "500"
}]
}
]

Please help to find a way to do this, I am able to convert csv to json but stuck with how can I join by unit_id

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

Super Collaborator

NiFi doesn't do joins in-stream. To accomplish this, I'd recommend processing the first CSV file and storing it in HBase with key=id. You can then process the second csv file, creating a flow to use the id as a query to HBase and get back the reference data from the first CSV.

If you'd like to do windowed joins, take a look at Streaming Analytics Manager inside of the HDF platform.

@Chintan Visani

I believe it's possible. Let me explain my usecase first. My objective is to take 4 CSVs as input and joining all of them based on a unique column named 'CustomerID' available in all the CSVs.

I did not directly join the CSVs rather I put each of them into database tables and later join them using ExecuteSQL command.

1. GetFile -> UpdateAttribute -> PutDatabaseRecord (For each of the CSVs i.e., for my case - 4 CSVs put into 4 different tables)

2. ExecuteSQL (you write SQL query to join all the required tables) -> ConvertRecord -> PutFile (This will give you the join of all the CSVs)

3. After that again, GetFile -> UpdateAttribute -> PutDatabaseRecord (If you again want to put the aggregated/joined CSV into the DB, then you can do it again)

Hope it would help.

Thanks and regards,

Spandan.