Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

App timeline server, Hiveserver2 , webhcat server, Hbase, Mapreduce, oozie and spark fails to start after successful kerberos Installation, all other components up and running smoothly.here is the error log from starting the App timeline server

<title>Error 403 GSSException: No valid credentials provided (Mechanism level: Failed to find any Kerberos credentails)</title>

</head>
<body><h2>HTTP ERROR 403</h2>
<p>Problem accessing /webhdfs/v1/ats/done. Reason:
<pre>    GSSException: No valid credentials provided (Mechanism level: Failed to find any Kerberos credentails)</pre></p><hr /><i><small>Powered by Jetty://</small></i><br/>                                                
<br/>                                                
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks Santhosh B Gowda I solved it by deleting old disabling and enabling kerberos, generating new key tabs for the whole components and manually creating key tabs for Yarn App timeline server

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

@chris obia

Can you please try kinit using the hiveserver2 keytab and see whether this is successful. keytab will be found on the machine with hiveserver2 at below location

/etc/security/keytabs/hive.service.keytab

To find the principle name, try below command which returns the principal name

[hive@XYX ~]$ klist -kt /etc/security/keytabs/hive.service.keytab

Keytab name: FILE:/etc/security/keytabs/hive.service.keytab

KVNO Timestamp         Principal

---- ----------------- --------------------------------------------------------

4 09/06/16 04:04:06 hive/XYZ@EXAMPLE.COM

Now kinit using the principle name as below and let us know whether it successful.

kinit -kt /etc/security/keytabs/hive.service.keytab hive/XYZ@EXAMPLE.COM

Hi Santhosh, Here is the result of the list & kinit commands, it seems successful. but still can't start hive2server

[root@10-0-0-81 ~]# klist -kt /etc/security/keytabs/hive.service.keytab

Keytab name: FILE:/etc/security/keytabs/hive.service.keytab

KVNO Timestamp Principal

---- ----------------- --------------------------------------------------------

3 10/12/16 01:55:33 hive/10-0-0-80.cluster@CLUSTER.COM

@chris obia

Can you please provide the complete logs for hiveserver2 start-up issue. hiveserver2 logs are available at /var/log/hive/hiveserver2.log

Thanks Santhosh B Gowda I solved it by deleting old disabling and enabling kerberos, generating new key tabs for the whole components and manually creating key tabs for Yarn App timeline server