Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Are there any plans to support TensorFlow on HDP?

Contributor

As of HDP 2.6.4, TensorFlow is not supported.Are there any plans to support it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Contributor

@Boris Demerov

TensorFlow on HDP will be supported this year. I understood from a conversation with an Hortonworks engineer that running a GPU application like TensorFlow on HDP requires YARN enhancements. They are likely to be included in HDP 3.0, scheduled to be launched at DataWorks conference held in San Jose, June 2018.

If you plan to attend DataWorks in Berlin (April 16-19, 2018), the conference schedule includes 4 presentations and one 2-day workshop in Deep Learning. You may get more updates from that conference and Hortonworks folks attending it.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Contributor

@Boris Demerov

TensorFlow on HDP will be supported this year. I understood from a conversation with an Hortonworks engineer that running a GPU application like TensorFlow on HDP requires YARN enhancements. They are likely to be included in HDP 3.0, scheduled to be launched at DataWorks conference held in San Jose, June 2018.

If you plan to attend DataWorks in Berlin (April 16-19, 2018), the conference schedule includes 4 presentations and one 2-day workshop in Deep Learning. You may get more updates from that conference and Hortonworks folks attending it.

Master Guru

It will be supported soon. Come to DWS, I am also talking about Apache MXNet on HDP.