Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

Atals Taxonomy not showing catalog created.

Solved Go to solution
Highlighted

Atals Taxonomy not showing catalog created.

Expert Contributor

I installed latest Atlas with HDP 2.5.3 and enabled Taxonomy through Ambari. I could see the Taxonomy tab in Atals ok. When I create new catalog under the catalog with "create subterm". nothing shows up under the catalog. But if I create another one with the same name, an error pop-up that seems to indicates there is a catalog with same name.

10227-screen-shot-2016-12-12-at-105952-am.png

Is there any other setting I missed?

Followed the document in this link http://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDP2/HDP-2.5.3/bk_data-governance/content/ch_managing_atlas...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Atals Taxonomy not showing catalog created.

Expert Contributor

problem seems fixed in the latest build

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted

Super Guru

I experienced this before. Please verify ambari-infra, hbase, kafka is up and running. restart if it is up. After restart try again, if issue continues please provide error from log.

Highlighted

Contributor

Hi @smanjee

I am facing similar issue and I cannot create any subterm and and all the services are up and working.

Could you please help me on this.

Highlighted

Mentor

Make sure Oozie is restarted as well, it does not have an indicator to restart but it is necessary. in my experience, I also needed ranger tagsync started but it was a different use case.

Highlighted

Expert Contributor

why is Oozie needed? I don't have it installed in the cluster. Don't see Atlas have dependency on oozie. Other services are up running and all restarted successfully.

Highlighted

Mentor

Apache Oozie requires a restart after an Atlas configuration update, but may not be included in the services marked as requiring restart in Ambari. Select Oozie > Service Actions > Restart All to restart Oozie along with the other services.

http://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDP2/HDP-2.5.3/bk_data-governance/content/ch_hdp_data_gover...

Highlighted

Mentor

There might be an Atlas Oozie hook enabled hence dependency on Oozie.

Highlighted

Expert Contributor

problem seems fixed in the latest build

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Contributor

@Qi Wang

Could you please mention the version of Atlas in which the fix has been provided. I am using Atlas 0.8.0 and HDP2.6.4 and I am facing same issue.

Could you please help.