Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

Atlas Hive Ranger Tag based policies not working

Atlas Hive Ranger Tag based policies not working

Explorer

Hello, can someone help me ?

I have a cluster installed and working with following versions of the components, HDP-2.6.2.0, Atlas 0.8.0, Ranger 0.7.0, Hive 1.2.1000.

I have configured everything as referred in multiple tutorials like this https://hortonworks.com/tutorial/tag-based-policies-with-apache-ranger-and-apache-atlas/ , configured Atlas, created Atlas tags, configured Ranger, Ranger Tagsync, Ranger tag policies, Hive policy and I have applied it to hive resource based policy.

But the Tag policy keeps not working, i have tried access policy, denie policy, mask policy nothing seams to work.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong or what I'm missing because the ranger atlas policies work but the tag polices from atlas don't.

Another strange thing is when I try to test connection on Atlas resource based policy, I keep getting this error

org.apache.ranger.plugin.client.HadoopException: Unable to login to Hadoop environment [RHTXINEC_atlas]. Unable to login to Hadoop environment [RHTXINEC_atlas]. Unable to decrypt password due to error. Input length must be multiple of 8 when decrypting with padded cipher. 

Can someone help me or give me some tip?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Atlas Hive Ranger Tag based policies not working

Mentor

@J Nunes

Sorry to ask but you didn't mention anything like enabling the Ranger /hive/atlas plugins?

Re: Atlas Hive Ranger Tag based policies not working

Explorer

I have enabled hive and atlas plugins like you can see in the image attached.

I also attach my tagsync configuration and Ambari enabled components.

Thanks

69496-ranger-plugins.jpg

69497-ranger-tagsync.jpg

69498-ambari-enabled-components.jpg