Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Atlas-Ranger issue

Rising Star

Hi,

I have followed this tutorial:

http://hortonworks.com/hadoop-tutorial/tag-based-policies-atlas-ranger/

But in the last step I'm not getting desired results and also in my audit logs i'm not able to see my created Tag.

2016-11-02.png

raj_ops is denied access but according to tutorial he should be allowed. Please anyone can help me.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Contributor

Thanks, now is working fine. I think was a conflict of policies because I removed all resource based policies and it is now able to get the tag based policies.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Rising Star

Does Ranger audit log show PII tag? To troubleshoot further, can you share a screen shot of Ranger audit UI page showing audit logs generated for this query?

Super Collaborator

@Hitesh Rajpurohit , make sure that the Ranger Tagsync is up and running. Go to Ambari and then click on Ranger from the list of services, click on Tagsync and start the component.

Contributor

Did you fix your problem with tagsync @Hitesh Rajpurohit? Currently I'm having the same issue with a clean HDP 2.5.0 installation.

Contributor

@Javier Teixeira Quevedo Can you please describe how you tagged entities in Atlas, what you expected to see and if there are any errors in /var/log/ranger/tagsync/tagsync.log or /var/log/ranger/tagsync/tagsync.out or /var/log/ranger/admin/xa_portal.log?

Contributor

Thanks, now is working fine. I think was a conflict of policies because I removed all resource based policies and it is now able to get the tag based policies.