Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Atlas can't see Hive tables

Re: Atlas can't see Hive tables

Expert Contributor

@nisrine elloumi, can you add JAVA_HOME path which is required to run the import hive script.

New Contributor

thank you, all i wanna do is to import-hive.sh yes i added java home but nothing happend only errors Permission denied and

"Failed to import Hive Data Model!!!" i can't import

New Contributor

thank you, yes i added java home but nothing happend only errors

Using Hive configuration directory [/usr/hdp/current/hive-client/conf] Log file for import is /usr/hdp/current/atlas-server/logs/import-hive.log log4j:WARN No such property [maxFileSize] in org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout. log4j:WARN No such property [maxBackupIndex] in org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout. log4j:ERROR setFile(null,true) call failed. java.io.FileNotFoundException: /usr/hdp/current/atlas-server/logs/import-hive.log (Permission denied)

"Failed to import Hive Data Model!!!"

Rising Star

It's possible you're running it from an account without permissions to the log folder

FileNotFoundException: /usr/hdp/current/atlas-server/logs/import-hive.log (Permission denied)

Are you running under sudo or from a suitably privileged account?

New Contributor

hello @Sandeep Nemuri, @William Brooks

the problem is i upgraded TO HDP-2.6 and all my services works but i can't see the new created tables neither the databases so i tried to import-hive.sh.

i'm not sure that is works so What should i do? any suggesion please

thanks you

@nisrine elloumi

You can probably ask a new question with the atlas application log so that we can check what is going there.

New Contributor

thank you but the only message i get from the log was application.log

INFO - [pool-2-thread-31 ] Audit: UNKNOWN "adresse" performed request GET "url" (AUDIT:117)

New Contributor

done i opened a new question thanks you and the logs is allways Audit: UNKNOWN "address.." performed request GET "URL/api/atlas/admin/status"

thank you very much

Highlighted

New Contributor

Hi @Nixon Rodrigues

i found this after the import-hive.sh

Using Hive configuration directory [/etc/hive/conf] [20/1880]

Log file for import is /usr/hdp/current/atlas-server/logs/import-hive.log

log4j:WARN No such property [maxFileSize] in org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout.

log4j:WARN No such property [maxBackupIndex] in org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout.

Exception in thread "main" org.apache.atlas.hook.AtlasHookException: HiveMetaStoreBridge.main() failed.

at org.apache.atlas.hive.bridge.HiveMetaStoreBridge.main(HiveMetaStoreBridge.java:650)

Caused by: org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.metadata.HiveException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to instantiate org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.metadata.Session

HiveMetaStoreClient

at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.metadata.Hive.getAllDatabases(Hive.java:1334)

at org.apache.atlas.hive.bridge.HiveMetaStoreBridge.importDatabases(HiveMetaStoreBridge.java:138)

at org.apache.atlas.hive.bridge.HiveMetaStoreBridge.importHiveMetadata(HiveMetaStoreBridge.java:134)

at org.apache.atlas.hive.bridge.HiveMetaStoreBridge.main(HiveMetaStoreBridge.java:647)

Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to instantiate org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.metadata.SessionHiveMetaStoreClient

at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.MetaStoreUtils.newInstance(MetaStoreUtils.java:1566)

at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.RetryingMetaStoreClient.<init>(RetryingMetaStoreClient.java:92)

at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.RetryingMetaStoreClient.getProxy(RetryingMetaStoreClient.java:138)

at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.RetryingMetaStoreClient.getProxy(RetryingMetaStoreClient.java:110)

at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.metadata.Hive.createMetaStoreClient(Hive.java:3528)

at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.metadata.Hive.getMSC(Hive.java:3560)

at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.metadata.Hive.getAllDatabases(Hive.java:1332)

... 3 more

Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:62)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)

at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:423)

at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.MetaStoreUtils.newInstance(MetaStoreUtils.java:1564)

... 9 more

Caused by: MetaException(message:Could not connect to meta store using any of the URIs provided. Most recent failure: org.apache.thrift.transport.TTransp

ortException: GSS initiate failed

at org.apache.thrift.transport.TSaslTransport.sendAndThrowMessage(TSaslTransport.java:232)

at org.apache.thrift.transport.TSaslTransport.open(TSaslTransport.java:316)

at org.apache.thrift.transport.TSaslClientTransport.open(TSaslClientTransport.java:37)

at org.apache.hadoop.hive.thrift.client.TUGIAssumingTransport$1.run(TUGIAssumingTransport.java:52)

at org.apache.hadoop.hive.thrift.client.TUGIAssumingTransport$1.run(TUGIAssumingTransport.java:49)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at javax.security.auth.Subject.doAs(Subject.java:422)

at org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.doAs(UserGroupInformation.java:1869)

at org.apache.hadoop.hive.thrift.client.TUGIAssumingTransport.open(TUGIAssumingTransport.java:49)

at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.HiveMetaStoreClient.open(HiveMetaStoreClient.java:487)

at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.HiveMetaStoreClient.<init>(HiveMetaStoreClient.java:282)

at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.metadata.SessionHiveMetaStoreClient.<init>(SessionHiveMetaStoreClient.java:76)

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:62)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)

at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.MetaStoreUtils.newInstance(MetaStoreUtils.java:1564)

... 9 more

Caused by: MetaException(message:Could not connect to meta store using any of the URIs provided. Most recent failure: org.apache.thrift.transport.TTransportException: GSS initiate failed

at org.apache.thrift.transport.TSaslTransport.sendAndThrowMessage(TSaslTransport.java:232)

at org.apache.thrift.transport.TSaslTransport.open(TSaslTransport.java:316)

at org.apache.thrift.transport.TSaslClientTransport.open(TSaslClientTransport.java:37)

at org.apache.hadoop.hive.thrift.client.TUGIAssumingTransport$1.run(TUGIAssumingTransport.java:52)

at org.apache.hadoop.hive.thrift.client.TUGIAssumingTransport$1.run(TUGIAssumingTransport.java:49)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at javax.security.auth.Subject.doAs(Subject.java:422)

at org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.doAs(UserGroupInformation.java:1869)

at org.apache.hadoop.hive.thrift.client.TUGIAssumingTransport.open(TUGIAssumingTransport.java:49)

at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.HiveMetaStoreClient.open(HiveMetaStoreClient.java:487)

at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.HiveMetaStoreClient.<init>(HiveMetaStoreClient.java:282)

at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.metadata.SessionHiveMetaStoreClient.<init>(SessionHiveMetaStoreClient.java:76)

at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.RetryingMetaStoreClient.<init>(RetryingMetaStoreClient.java:92)

at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.RetryingMetaStoreClient.getProxy(RetryingMetaStoreClient.java:138)

at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.RetryingMetaStoreClient.getProxy(RetryingMetaStoreClient.java:110)

at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.metadata.Hive.createMetaStoreClient(Hive.java:3528)

at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.metadata.Hive.getMSC(Hive.java:3560)

at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.metadata.Hive.getAllDatabases(Hive.java:1332)

at org.apache.atlas.hive.bridge.HiveMetaStoreBridge.importDatabases(HiveMetaStoreBridge.java:138)

at org.apache.atlas.hive.bridge.HiveMetaStoreBridge.importHiveMetadata(HiveMetaStoreBridge.java:134)

at org.apache.atlas.hive.bridge.HiveMetaStoreBridge.main(HiveMetaStoreBridge.java:647)

)

at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.HiveMetaStoreClient.open(HiveMetaStoreClient.java:534)

... 14 more

Failed to import Hive Data Model!!!

New Contributor

Hello @William Brooks i found a solution for the permission denied but i have now another problem

log4j:WARN No such property [maxFileSize] in org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout.

log4j:WARN No such property [maxBackupIndex] in org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout.

Exception in thread "main" org.apache.atlas.hook.AtlasHookException: HiveMetaStoreBridge.main() failed.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here