Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Atlas 'certificate_unknown' error

Atlas 'certificate_unknown' error

Hi,

We are using hdp2.6.4 in our environment. We have recently installed Atlas and setup SSL.

In the Atlas logs, we continuously see the below error messages just after trying to read the kafka events. Kafka is not enabled with SSL. Could any one help me on this. We have enabled ranger plugin for kafka and had given necessary policies.

I tried to read the data in 'ATLAS_ENTITIES' kafka topic. But nothing is there in the topic.

2018-05-02 17:28:04,453 WARN - [main-EventThread:] ~ Instance is active from BECOMING_ACTIVE (ServiceState:80)
2018-05-02 17:28:05,444 INFO - [NotificationHookConsumer thread-0:] ~ Atlas Server is ready, can start reading Kafka events. (NotificationHookConsumer:492)
2018-05-02 17:28:31,456 WARN - [pool-2-thread-21:] ~ javax.net.ssl.SSLException: Received fatal alert: certificate_unknown (nio:720)

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Atlas 'certificate_unknown' error

I tried to read the data in 'ATLAS_HOOK' topic also. But nothing is there in the topic.

When I tried to run the 'import-hive.sh' script, it was failing with the below error.

Caused by: org.apache.atlas.notification.NotificationException: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: org.apache.kafka.common.errors.TimeoutException: Failed to update metadata after 60000 ms.
at org.apache.atlas.kafka.KafkaNotification.sendInternalToProducer(KafkaNotification.java:239)
at org.apache.atlas.kafka.KafkaNotification.sendInternal(KafkaNotification.java:212)
at org.apache.atlas.notification.AbstractNotification.send(AbstractNotification.java:116)
at org.apache.atlas.notification.NotificationEntityChangeListener.notifyOfEntityEvent(NotificationEntityChangeListener.java:191)
at org.apache.atlas.notification.NotificationEntityChangeListener.onEntitiesUpdated(NotificationEntityChangeListener.java:89)
at org.apache.atlas.repository.store.graph.v1.AtlasEntityChangeNotifier.notifyListeners(AtlasEntityChangeNotifier.java:168)
... 107 more
Caused by: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: org.apache.kafka.common.errors.TimeoutException: Failed to update metadata after 60000 ms.
at org.apache.kafka.clients.producer.KafkaProducer$FutureFailure.<init>(KafkaProducer.java:769)
at org.apache.kafka.clients.producer.KafkaProducer.doSend(KafkaProducer.java:490)

Re: Atlas 'certificate_unknown' error

Expert Contributor

@rmr1989,

Can you share atlas-application.properties config details and share more application logs after startup here.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here