Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Atlas custom type and entity creation?

Atlas custom type and entity creation?

New Contributor

I am trying to create a custom type to add CSV file related metadata to atlas. I have defined a type which inherits from DataSet type in atlas. I need to add file schema as an attribute in the type I am creating. I have tried two approaches one is like columns attribute in hive_table type, that is defining another type to represent each column in the file and while creating file entity I have added instances of file_column type in the schema attribute. Another approach is I defined schema in file_type as a map<string,string> to represent column name and datatype. In both cases I am able to create entities and I am able to see them using atlas APIs. But when I use atlas UI, I am not getting any information for schema attribute of file. What could be the reason for this? Also how to have a schema representation in atlas UI for custom_types like we have in hive-table type

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here