Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Azure Sandbox fails to reboot after hours of waiting

Highlighted

Azure Sandbox fails to reboot after hours of waiting

New Contributor

I created the sandbox on an Azure A6 box

ssh fails with the following error: get “System is booting up. See pam_nologin(8)”

the console is stuck on this steps indefinitely

Cleanup of Temporary Directories...

[ OK ] Started Cleanup of Temporary Directories.

.....................2018/03/27 16:39:59.418303 INFO Agent WALinuxAgent-2.2.25 launched with command 'python-u bin/WALinuxAgent-2.2.25-py2.7.egg -run-exthandlers' is successfully running

2018/03/27 16:39:59.418826 INFO Event: name=WALinuxAgent, op=Enable, message=Agent WALinuxAgent-2.2.25 launched with command 'python -u bin/WALinuxAgent-2.2.25-py2.7.egg -run-exthandlers' is successfully running, duration=0

...................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

1 REPLY 1

Re: Azure Sandbox fails to reboot after hours of waiting

@Max Gluzman

I can't think of another cause than due to shutting the VM by brute force some services need extremely long time to recover on restart. Sandbox runs with all services. I suggest a graceful shutdown of all services before shutting the VM.

To start/stop all services, please see: https://community.hortonworks.com/questions/88211/rest-api-for-stopping-and-starting-all-services-on...

I also suggest to keep up and running only the services that you need. That way, more resources are available for what you need and the stop and restart will take less time.

+++

If this helped, please vote-up. Also, if any answer was the best, please accept it.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here