Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

BDR Throwing Error : Hive Table does not match version in metastore.

Solved Go to solution

BDR Throwing Error : Hive Table does not match version in metastore.

Explorer

Hi All,

I am facing an issue in BDR.

BDR is configured with a hive replication and it fails in the third step(Importing metadata)

The error message, that I received was "<table name> Table does not match version in metastore."

What could be the problem here?

Thanks in advance

Sebin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: BDR Throwing Error : Hive Table does not match version in metastore.

This error likely occurs because the target hive service already has a version of that table, but with different metadata properties. In order to overwrite it, check/select the "Force Overwrite" option in the hive replication schedule.

How many times do you see this and how many tables are having this error?

Regards,
Gautam Gopalakrishnan
3 REPLIES 3

This error likely occurs because the target hive service already has a version of that table, but with different metadata properties. In order to overwrite it, check/select the "Force Overwrite" option in the hive replication schedule.

How many times do you see this and how many tables are having this error?

Regards,
Gautam Gopalakrishnan

Please read this document as well, the item regarding "Hive replication fails if "Force Overwrite" is not set."

http://www.cloudera.com/content/www/en-us/documentation/enterprise/latest/topics/cm_rn_known_issues....
Regards,
Gautam Gopalakrishnan

Contributor

I got the same issue and resolved with using the "Force Overwrite" while Hive replication setup