Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

BI tool descriptive and predictive analytical reports from Hadoop and No SQL database

BI tool descriptive and predictive analytical reports from Hadoop and No SQL database

New Contributor

Hi Experts,

I was working on the BI tool to develop descriptive and predictive analytical reports from Hadoop and No SQL database. I needed your recommendation and suggestion on my thoughts below.

We are planning to use Tableau or Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition(OBIEE) as BI Tools.

We get the cleansed data in files in HDFS(maintains all data) and NoSQL Database(maintains only the latest 2 years data). Further, I was thinking to use Spark and do required transformation and populate the data in Dimension, Cube and Fact tables in Hive and expose the Hive tables to BI tools and allow the user to generate his reports. In BI tool I was planning to have two sections one for 2 years data and another for historical data, 2 years data will from my Nosql database and historical from my HDFS.

Has anybody had a similar requirement and suggest me the best option and guide me if I am working on the right path.

Thanks,

SRK

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: BI tool descriptive and predictive analytical reports from Hadoop and No SQL database

New Contributor

Any suggestions on my post below.

Thanks,

SRK

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here