Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Bad agent status after adding new host

New Contributor

After I added a host to the cluster, the Agent Status for the new host is in bad health. I checked the Host Agent log and I see the following errors:

[07/Jan/2016 13:40:13 +0000] 407 MonitorDaemon-Reporter throttling_logger ERROR    (9 skipped) Error sending messages to firehose: mgmt-SERVICEMONITOR
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib64/cmf/agent/src/cmf/monitor/firehose.py", line 116, in _send
    self._port)
  File "/usr/lib64/cmf/agent/build/env/lib/python2.6/site-packages/avro-1.6.3-py2.6.egg/avro/ipc.py", line 469, in __init__
    self.conn.connect()
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/httplib.py", line 720, in connect
    self.timeout)
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/socket.py", line 567, in create_connection
    raise error, msg
error: [Errno 111] Connection refused
[07/Jan/2016 13:41:12 +0000] 407 MonitorDaemon-Reporter throttling_logger ERROR    (9 skipped) Error sending messages to firehose: mgmt-HOSTMONITOR
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib64/cmf/agent/src/cmf/monitor/firehose.py", line 116, in _send
    self._port)
  File "/usr/lib64/cmf/agent/build/env/lib/python2.6/site-packages/avro-1.6.3-py2.6.egg/avro/ipc.py", line 469, in __init__
    self.conn.connect()
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/httplib.py", line 720, in connect
    self.timeout)
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/socket.py", line 567, in create_connection
    raise error, msg
error: [Errno 111] Connection refused

I couldn't find any existing solutions to this so I appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Ali 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

New Contributor

I found two problems:

1. The first one was the IP address of the main host. It was using 127.0.0.1 which the new host couldn't reach.

2. I had to upgrade the Cloudera Management Agent on the new host after I installed Cloudera on it, which seems weird. You'd think it would install everything with the same version as the main host.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Expert Contributor

Hello akashmar,

- In your cluster, are you using dns server? Infact, in any case please check host entries.

- Is your host inspector result clean? For keeping this specific, it will be nice if you are share result for this specific host.

New Contributor

I found two problems:

1. The first one was the IP address of the main host. It was using 127.0.0.1 which the new host couldn't reach.

2. I had to upgrade the Cloudera Management Agent on the new host after I installed Cloudera on it, which seems weird. You'd think it would install everything with the same version as the main host.

Expert Contributor
It generally does but it very well depends on the way we do the installation. Good to hear, your issue is resolved.

Expert Contributor

It normally does and very-well depends on way we install them. Good to hear that issue is resolve. TC.