Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Beeline authentication

Solved Go to solution
Highlighted

Beeline authentication

Expert Contributor

Hi everyone,

i have a problem with beeline authentication. I am using "hive.server2.authentication=LDAP" but it is not working. I can successfully log into beeline as any user using any, or blank password. I can just simply type some random signs and beeline recognizes it as user and successfully logs in. I would like to configure beeline, such it allows to connect users from LDAP/AD only and the correct password is required. Should it works as I mentioned above or I have some misconfiguration. The only configuration I provided is "hive.server2.authentication=LDAP" and provided necessary LDAP options. When I set "hive.server2.authentication=NONE" nothing changes (I think it works as it should - none authentication). I am using HDP2.3 with Ambari to make changes in configurations.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Beeline authentication

Are you sure that uit works. I.e. have you restarted the Hive services after changing authentication to LDAP. I am pretty sure it should block you after.

I did PAM before a couple of times and I assure you when I enable that nothing works anymore if any of the other dependencies are not setup correctly.

https://community.hortonworks.com/articles/591/using-hive-with-pam-authentication.html

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Are you sure that uit works. I.e. have you restarted the Hive services after changing authentication to LDAP. I am pretty sure it should block you after.

I did PAM before a couple of times and I assure you when I enable that nothing works anymore if any of the other dependencies are not setup correctly.

https://community.hortonworks.com/articles/591/using-hive-with-pam-authentication.html

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Expert Contributor

Thanks for the answer. PAM works well for me - that means I have some misconfiguration in my LDAP.

NOTE: Access to /etc/shadow should have the user which we want to log in beeline.

Cloudera Employee

Hi Edgar, Can you please check if hs2 authorization is enabled.

hive.server2.enable.authorization

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here