Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Beeline showed no response after [Atlas Notifier 0] warnings

Highlighted

Beeline showed no response after [Atlas Notifier 0] warnings

New Contributor

Below is the warning after I ran a create statement.

0: jdbc:hive2:///> Create table blah blah;
OK
No rows affected (1.171 seconds)
0: jdbc:hive2:///> 19/05/16 08:57:31 [Atlas Notifier 0]: WARN producer.ProducerConfig: The configuration 'key.deserializer' was supplied but isn't a known config.
19/05/16 08:57:31 [Atlas Notifier 0]: WARN producer.ProducerConfig: The configuration 'value.deserializer' was supplied but isn't a known config.
19/05/16 08:57:31 [Atlas Notifier 0]: WARN producer.ProducerConfig: The configuration 'hook.group.id' was supplied but isn't a known config.
19/05/16 08:57:31 [Atlas Notifier 0]: WARN producer.ProducerConfig: The configuration 'zookeeper.connection.timeout.ms' was supplied but isn't a known config.
19/05/16 08:57:31 [Atlas Notifier 0]: WARN producer.ProducerConfig: The configuration 'zookeeper.session.timeout.ms' was supplied but isn't a known config.
19/05/16 08:57:31 [Atlas Notifier 0]: WARN producer.ProducerConfig: The configuration 'enable.auto.commit' was supplied but isn't a known config.
19/05/16 08:57:31 [Atlas Notifier 0]: WARN producer.ProducerConfig: The configuration 'zookeeper.connect' was supplied but isn't a known config.
19/05/16 08:57:31 [Atlas Notifier 0]: WARN producer.ProducerConfig: The configuration 'zookeeper.sync.time.ms' was supplied but isn't a known config.
19/05/16 08:57:31 [Atlas Notifier 0]: WARN producer.ProducerConfig: The configuration 'session.timeout.ms' was supplied but isn't a known config.
19/05/16 08:57:31 [Atlas Notifier 0]: WARN producer.ProducerConfig: The configuration 'auto.offset.reset' was supplied but isn't a known config.

Beeline just hanged after the warning and I have to close it. After restart Beeline, I found out that the table has been created.

The above situation occurred whether Atlas service is running or stopped.

At other time, when I ran a select statement, the same warning may occur but at least Beeline did not hang.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Beeline showed no response after [Atlas Notifier 0] warnings

New Contributor

Additional info: The above situation occurred whether Atlas service is running or stopped.

New Contributor

Those warnings appeared from time to time after a successful hive query. The warning may or may not freeze the Beeline shell. Sometimes if I wait long enough the "0: jdbc:hive2://> " prompt appears.

New Contributor

Here is an update. This issue only occurs when Beeline is connected to HiveServer2 via embedded mode. When Beeline is connected to HiveServer2 via Zookeeper Discovery Mode, there is no warning and therefore no frozen Beeline. It looks like Zookeeper works betters with Kafka than HiveSever2 does.