Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

Best way to convert a Digital Elevation Model(DEM) formatted file into derasterized latitude and longitude points with Magellan?

Best way to convert a Digital Elevation Model(DEM) formatted file into derasterized latitude and longitude points with Magellan?

New Contributor

I'm attempting to convert a DEM file into a more usable format to do some calculations with this lidar data. However I am not quite sure how to go about bringing this sort of data into Magellan and I don't seem to be able to find anything on importing GIS data into this particular format.

.DEM file in question(warning it is quite large)

https://data.cityofnewyork.us/City-Government/1-foot-Digital-Elevation-Model-DEM-/dpc8-z3jc

1 REPLY 1

Re: Best way to convert a Digital Elevation Model(DEM) formatted file into derasterized latitude and longitude points with Magellan?

Mentor

you're better off looking up how to process DEM with ESRI for hadoop and Hive as Magellan hasn't been updated for latest Spark and I'm unsure if it is even possible to do so. I'm unable to find references to examples (limited internet access) but ESRI does support it.