Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Broken pipe in PutHiveQL

Highlighted

Broken pipe in PutHiveQL

Contributor

apache.nifi.processors.hive.PutHiveQL

java.sql.SQLException: org.apache.thrift.transport.TTransportException: java.net.SocketException: Broken pipe

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Broken pipe in PutHiveQL

New Contributor

Hi,

What version of Nifi? Is this 0.7.0 or 1.0? Is the Hive server on the same subnet as Nifi? Are there firewalls in the middle? Is the cluster Kerberizied?

Contributor

0.7.0, same subnet, no firewalls, nifi is in cluster.

This implies that the connection was left idle, and the Hive Server has closed its end of the connection. I believe you can increase the timeout using the hive.server2.idle.session.timeout property in hive-site.xml. However this is likely a bug that could be fixed in NiFi, feel free to file a Jira case.

Contributor

I cannot find this property in hive-site.xml in nifi or hive server, should I add it ?

Yes, probably best to double-check the Hive documentation to ensure where it goes, its default value, units (milliseconds vs seconds), etc.

New Contributor

Hello Boyer, Where did you set these properties?

New Contributor

As a workaround you could also create a new processor connection with the same properties. it works.

New Contributor

Try disabling your hive connection pool and enable it again., This will make your hive connection to come alive.

New Contributor

Try disabling your hive connection pool and enable it again., This will make your hive connection to come alive.