Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

CCA 175 review timelines

New Contributor

Hi,

I gave the test on 1/10 and though I got the score card by EOD, I am yet to get the review/certification.

There was no response both via mail and call to get more information on timelines.

So what is the average time taken for review of CCA 175 tests?

Regards,

Bala

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

New Contributor

Hi Balaudt

This is kalyan, i cleared the cca 175 certification with score 9/10.

I got the score with in 2 days.

Certification review is taken almost 15days for me.

I have written this exam on 2nd Jan 2016, i got this certification issued from cloudera on 20th Jan 2016.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

Super Collaborator

You can run a virtual environment such as VM Ware on your Windows box and use an image from Cloudera.

http://www.cloudera.com/downloads/quickstart_vms.html

Explorer
Congratulations!
So how long it took you to prepare for the exam and get such good marks in it? plus you had any background of any of the hadoop technologies before you started preparing for it?

Explorer

Thanks,

I knew C++ as well as I took Hadoop training. After I completed my training, I've been practicing for test almost 7-8 months. Now, I feel like I am ready give a shot but I am still hesitant due to the fact that Cloudera changed CDH 410 to CCA-175. This is the reason why I am looking for CCA 175 exercises.

Super Collaborator

There are no exercises or practice exams for the new hands-on practical exams.

Our Cloudera Developer Training for Spark and Hadoop teaches you all the skills to pass the exam and gives you days worth of hands-on practice.

If you do not wish to take our training or cannot afford it, there are hundreds of free resources on the internet. For example, if I point my browser to the List of objectives from our website. I then copy the first objective and search on it, I get dozens of free docs and training on the skill.

Objective: Import data from a MySQL database into HDFS using Sqoop
sqoop.apache.org docs on importing data using Sqoop
Importing Data into HDFS using Sqoop
Video demonstration of user importing data from MySQL to HDFS using Sqoop

This can be done for any of our exams. Of course the quality of materials freely discovered on the internet differs greatly, as does the discount training vendors, which is why we only recommend Cloudera training.

Explorer

Congratulation! can you please tell me how many questions are there for CCA 175 test?

Super Collaborator

http://www.cloudera.com/training/certification/cca-spark.html

• Number of Questions: 10–12 performance-based (hands-on) tasks on CDH5 cluster.