Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here. Want to know more about what has changed? Check out the Community News blog.

CCA 175 vs On Demand Learning Platform

CCA 175 vs On Demand Learning Platform

New Contributor

Today i took the CCA 175 Exam, after i studied with the Cloudera On Demand Platform.

The On Demand Platform is one of the best i tried out in learning for Technology Exams. Really great input with the newest Version(Spark 2.0 etc.) of the offered Tools and Frameworks by Cloudera.

So i started the Exam and was really optimistic...

I started and the first thing i saw was a 800x600 VM that was slower then my grandma on a pedestrian crossing.

Ok.. let's go on slowly (VM)

Take a look at the Problems, i started with a programming problem und until i figured out that this is all running on spark 1.6 which was no topic in the On-Demand Platform my optimism changed to pessimism.

In Combination with this VM, don't know if you can call this a VM in 2018, i failed the certifiate because of no Solutions provided...

I highly recommend to wait with your exam until cloudera mangaged to update their exam on a state of the art technology...

All in all i think the Certificate is usefull but not under the conditions it is taken, i took a look at databricks certificates in Apache Spark 2.x which cover nearly the same. 

@Clouderaplease contact me if you updated your vm and maybe it is in the near future i will take a 2 attempt