Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

CCA-500 Exam prep, seeking advice

CCA-500 Exam prep, seeking advice

New Contributor

I'm just at the starting point of studying for the CCA-500 exam.  I'm looking for advice if you feel my plan is sound or if I should change it up any.

Here's my current plan:

I have a home server that I use for a home theater PC.  I will create a VM running CentOS 7.  On this I'll install Docker and import the Docker Image to practice with.  I have the link to the Exam Sections & blueprint.  I also have a link to the "Getting Started with Hadoop" Tutorial.  

For print material, I already have the Hadoop Operations book, but I see there's a new version coming out soon.  I also plan on getting the Hadoop: The Definative Guide.

Does this seem like a good start?  Are there any additional resources that I should look into?  I know that there aren't practice exams available, but are there any practice lab exercises available out on the web anywhere that will help me learn the material?

I know that the general guidance is to follow the exam sections and blueprint, but I learn better with a more structured plan. 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: CCA-500 Exam prep, seeking advice

Expert Contributor

It sounds like you have a very good plan.  The Cloudera Hadoop Administrator training http://www.cloudera.com/training/courses/administrator-training.html?course=administrator&loc=online would give you a push in the correct direction and have hands-on exercises for practicing the material.  Otherwise, Hadoop Operations is probably your best bet.

Re: CCA-500 Exam prep, seeking advice

New Contributor

I'd like to attend, I just don't have the money for it at this time.  I have a kid headed off to college soon and can't get work to pay for it right now since they will be paying for my Masters in the Fall.