Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

CCA175 - Spark and Hadoop Developer Certification

CCA175 - Spark and Hadoop Developer Certification

New Contributor

Hi everyone,

I am planning to take the CCA Spark and Hadoop Developer Certification and I have some specific questions regarding two topics:

1 - To study for the certification, I am currently using a GCP VM that gathers the specifications of Hadoop and Spark and I don't have any type of limitation except with the avro file format usage.

Whenever I try to read the content of an avro file, I always get this sort of error:"py4j.protocol.Py4JJavaError: An error occurred while calling o86.load.". All in all my question relative to this point is the following:

Is the VM of the certification prepared to read files with pyspark just by using the command "df = spark.read.format("avro").load("/path/to/avro/file")?

2 - The second one is not a technical question but one concerning the scheduling of the Certification Exam. Is it possible to get access to the days that are available to make the exam before I purchase the certification itself?

I would like to thank you in advance for the attention.

Regards,

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: CCA175 - Spark and Hadoop Developer Certification

Rising Star

Hi there,

Thank you for sending your questions to our Certification Team at certification@cloudera.com as well.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here