Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

CCA175 required skills and cluster updates

CCA175 required skills and cluster updates

Expert Contributor

An update was made to the CCA175 Spark and Hadoop developer certification webpage today.

There are two changes that are being announced.

• The cluster has been updated to CDH5.10.0 with all of the ecosystem changes that entails, including the use of Spark 1.6
  • The release of the Data Analyst exam means that DDL questions have been removed from the CCA175 exam. There are still questions interacting with the metastore, but they will be more related to queries done from Spark SQL than creating tables using DDL. See the Required Skills section of the webpage.

Exams taking in the next few days will still get the old exam and cluster, but this is a notification of changes for later this week.

22 REPLIES 22

Re: CCA175 required skills and cluster updates

Explorer

Hi, 

Based on the recent change in CCA175. As I would plan to write the exam next week. I have pasted few queries for you to address.

• From when this change would be reflected in the Exam pattern ?
  • Going forward there would not be any questions on Hive, Avro Tools, Flume ?
  • Would the scope of this exam be only for testing Sqoop and Spark Skills ?
  • What would be the number of Questions and Duration for the exam?
  • For Spark both Python and Scala are still in the scope of CCA175 ?

New Contributor

I was planning to take certification in next 3 days ( I have not bought exam coupn as of now) , which format I should expect OLD or NEW ?

Contributor
they said changes will happen in April

Explorer

They aint sure about it; That's what I understood it from @juddimal 's response

When we are satisfied that the new version does not break any existing questions, we will be moving the new version into production. Weare not announcing a date for when the exam content changes. If you wish to make sure that you your exam is with the latest versions of our products, wait to schedule your exam until April. If you wish to take the exam with the old version then schedule immediately. We will be making changes as soon as we can guarantee a proper exam and without any further warning.

That's why its quite uncertain.

Expert Contributor
Highlighted

New Contributor

HI Judd,

I have my exam scheduled on 5th april 2017 ,what syllabus i can expect

Contributor

New Contributor

Please let us know from when(which date) these changes are going to be effective.

If I bought the voucher already taking account into old syllabus, on which syllabus i have to write the exam ?

Will exam rescheduling charges apply if somebody wants to do as there is change in syllabus?

Why can't be the exam name to be changed  from CCA175 to CCA175a (or) some other name as the old syllabus seems to be easy compared to new one? That should be a better way to differentiate.It's my opinion.

New Contributor

I`m planning to take the certification in next week. I have already purchased the voucher. I have few questions 

1) Wanted to know from when this changes are applicable? 

2) This changes are applicable for only for new buyers or for already puchased vouchers?