Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

CCA175 required skills and cluster updates

Re: CCA175 required skills and cluster updates

Expert Contributor

Content changes are made on the exams every week; questions are removed, questions are added, and questions are modified. With the release of the Data Analyst exam, there is less need to test "logging into Impala" questions, so CREATE TABLE questions have been moved to the Analyst exam. With the release of a new version of Spark, it is easier to test "using tables as a data source" questions, so expect some questions to have a table instead of just a directory of data files as the inputs. There has always been an Analysis section on the Required Skills for this exam. All that was done was to update that section to focus more on Spark. This is not a new exam, this is a minor update.

We are updating the version of CDH used with our exams. Data Analyst uses CDH5.9.1. All other exam continue to be on CDH5.3.2. This announcement is that Spark & Hadoop Developer has been converted over to CDH5.10.0.

The CCA175 Spark exam is being testing in development with Spark 1.6 now. When we are satisfied that the new version does not break any existing questions, we will be moving the new version into production. We are not announcing a date for when the exam content changes. If you wish to make sure that you your exam is with the latest versions of our products, wait to schedule your exam until April. If you wish to take the exam with the old version then schedule immediately. We will be making changes as soon as we can guarantee a proper exam and without any further warning.

Explorer

Sorry to say but this is quite uncertain. Guys planning for the exam in March are quite in a doubt what to Prepare and what not to. You should come up with a fix date.

Also please share you inputs on the below.

• Going forward there would not be any questions on Hive, Avro Tools, Flume ?
  • Would the scope of this exam be only for testing Sqoop and Spark Skills(Spark core and Spark SQL) ?

Contributor

considering what cloudera fee charges for attempting the exam .***`We are not announcing a date for when the exam content changes. If you wish to make sure that you your exam is with the latest versions of our products, wait to schedule your exam until April. If you wish to take the exam with the old version then schedule immediately. We will be making changes as soon as we can guarantee a proper exam and without any further warning.` *** IS not great to hear ... you might think to give a second shot for who fails above 50% to make it a bit more fair in my opinion during this transition period
bests M

Highlighted

New Contributor

This is completely unprofessional from Cloudera that they are not letting people know about the exact exam pattern on which they are going to give an exam.

New Contributor

I am also in the same boat. Planning to write the exam this week but due to lack of clarity about the exam curriculum, I am confused which curriculam should I prepare to write the exam.

I agree this is completely unproffessional, if Cloudera changes the curriculam in their website, they should roll out the new curriculam. Otherwise they should mention clearly in their website when will the new syllabus roll out.

Some one from Cloudera could you please provide the clear information about the changes?

-Ravi

Champion

CCA_175_Old_vs_New_Syllabus.jpgCCA175 Old vs New Syllabus

New Contributor
i have exam on 26th march. what i can expect?

New Contributor
i have exam on 26th march. what i can expect?

thanks
mahesh

New Contributor

2 days back only I have purchased exam voucher and giving exam on Mar 17. So exam will be in new format or old format? Please suggest.

New Contributor

if I am on a tight schedule and have to give the CCA 175 certification within 1 or 2 days, in which format will the exam be conducted; old or new??