Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

CCDH exam topics

Explorer

Hi,

I have attended Cloudera's CCDH training. To pass the certification, Instructor recommended us to read Tom White's 'Hadoop : the definitive guide'. However, there are many topics in book which were not covered in the training.

So, this is bit confusing. Please confirm if we need to study following topics for the exam--

Setting up a Hadoop cluster, Administering Hadoop, Avro, Parquet, Flume, Crunch, Spark, HBase and ZooKeeper.

From what I know, above topics are not covered in the CCDH training. Please confirm if we should study any of these for CCDH exam. Appreciate your help.

Thanks !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Explorer

Hi Priya,

Setting up a Hadoop cluster, Administering Hadoop - These are for admin exam I believe.

For CCD-410, I have studied - PIG, Hive, HBase, Sqoop, Flume, Zookeeper, Oozie

Spark is an advanced tool which is part of CCA certification.

Regards

Apeksha

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Explorer

Please reply, I will be appearing for the exam pretty soon.

Explorer

Hi Priya,

Have you set up a reservation with Innovative Exams? If yes, then which date? As I booked for 24th Dec and it has been cancelled by them and now, I am unable to re-schedule it. I just want to understand what's the situation with other candidates.

Regards

Apeksha

Explorer

Hi Apeksha,

This is unfair, they have mentioned that they will be delivering exam until 31st Dec 2015. I just checked and I can still see CCDH exam listed on Innovative exams for me (I am appearing for it on 22nd). Contact their customer care and find out. Please update me too, in case I face the same issue.

All the best !

Thanks,

Priya

Explorer

Hi Priya,

I have been contacting Cloudera since past 2 days and there has been no response at all. Even, Innovative minds don't have any clue. So, I am kind of stuck. I have dropped emails to Cloudera, left messages on voice mail but no luck! Thanks for your update. Atleast I know now that all the reservations for this certification have not been cancelled.

-Apeksha

Explorer

Hi Apeksha,

Since you are appearing for this exam, do you know which Hadoop ecosystems from 'Hadoop definitive guide' by Tom White should we study for the exam?

Especially if we need to study any of the following topics -

Setting up a Hadoop cluster, Administering Hadoop, Avro, Parquet, Flume, Crunch, Spark, HBase and ZooKeeper.

I have asked this question in this Post chain and I doubt if I will get any reply from Cloudera ppl in time. So, please let me know what you think. 

-Priya

Explorer

Hi Priya,

Setting up a Hadoop cluster, Administering Hadoop - These are for admin exam I believe.

For CCD-410, I have studied - PIG, Hive, HBase, Sqoop, Flume, Zookeeper, Oozie

Spark is an advanced tool which is part of CCA certification.

Regards

Apeksha

New Contributor

CCDH exam retires on 31st December 2015. 😞

Now we have to give CCA175. Where we need to learn Apache Spark as well. Also python or scala. 

Explorer

Hi Apeksha,

thanks, that helps. 🙂

- Priya

Explorer

Hey - any luck scheduling your exam ?

- Priya