Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

CDH 5.9 with Anaconda 4.x Parcel - mismatched CDH versions: host has NONE but role expects 5

CDH 5.9 with Anaconda 4.x Parcel - mismatched CDH versions: host has NONE but role expects 5

New Contributor

Hi Experts:

I am using Oracle BigDataLite VM (V4.7) which has CM CDH5.9 installed. I have followed instruction from http://blog.cloudera.com/blog/2016/02/making-python-on-apache-hadoop-easier-with-anaconda-and-cdh/

to download/Distribute/Activate Anaconda 4.3.1 Parcel. 

however, after activation of Anaconda 4.3.1 parcel, I have see many same configuration warning "MIsmatched CDH version: host has NONE but role expects 5. 

Also, the major issue is that "Spark" is no longer able to started. 

My issue is similar to existing thread this. however, that thread is not been answered. 

Here are some screen snapshots to explain my case:

1. Activation of the Anaconda 4.3.1 Parcel in CM (CDH 5.9):

image.png

CM homepage after activation of Anaconda 4.3 Parcel. There are 25 configuration warning with all same message:

image.pngimage.png

Trying to restart stales services for Spark:

image.pngimage.png

Can anyone help me?

Thanks!

Kevin

4 REPLIES 4

Re: CDH 5.9 with Anaconda 4.x Parcel - mismatched CDH versions: host has NONE but role expects 5

New Contributor

Hi All:

Can someone help my issue?

Thanks!

Kevin

Re: CDH 5.9 with Anaconda 4.x Parcel - mismatched CDH versions: host has NONE but role expects 5

Super Guru

@chicagoland,

Since this error indicates the host's agent is reporting one thing while Cloudera Manager expects another, I'd check the agent logs on one of the hosts in your cluster.

See if there are any error messages, exceptions, etc. that may be relevant.

Ben

Was your cluster using Packages or Parcels for CDH? You can't mix packages and parcels, so this issue could be due to adding an Anaconda Parcel to a Package-based CDH install.

New Contributor

Hi Darren:

I am using an Oracle BigDataLite VM (V4.7). I just downloaded the VM image from Oracle's web page and import the appliance into  Oracle VM VirtualBox Manager application on my windows. I am not sure the CDH is managed by package or parcel within this Oracle BigDataLite VM.

Is there a command or instruction I can use to confrim the CDH is managed via package or parcel?

Thanks!

Kevin