Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

CDH 5 Cloudera Manager Installation on CentOS 6.4 Path A

Highlighted

CDH 5 Cloudera Manager Installation on CentOS 6.4 Path A

Explorer

Hi community,

I have the following notice : "NOTICE: Directory creation failed" at the beginning of Path A Installation using root user.

Didn't find any explanation so still stuck on this. I cannot find any log of the installation to get further understanding.

Any idea is welcome,

7 REPLIES 7

Re: CDH 5 Cloudera Manager Installation on CentOS 6.4 Path A

Explorer

Hi community,

Does anyone has any idea to share on this issue? I'm really disappointed due to my inability to install the cluster via Cloudera Manager as it "should be" very simple to deploy but I must admit that I didn't find any clue neither log file to help me understand and solve the problem.

Thanx in advance,

Edmond,

Highlighted

Master Collaborator

There should be a log file in /tmp on your server.  I forget the actual name, but it should have the words "scm" and "installation" in the name.  Can you look for that log file and share with us it's contents?

Highlighted

Expert Contributor

The Path A (cloudera-manager-installer.bin) method will log its successive steps in /var/log/cloudera-manager-installer/*.log. Please check there for the highest-numbered log, and it should give detail on the last activity it attempted to perform.

Highlighted

Explorer

Dear community,

I checked /var/log/clouderamanager, I got only one file in the directory: 0.check-selinux.log. I ran the sestatus command and my selinux is disabled.

Nothing special in /tmp

Highlighted

Explorer

All my issues were linked to rights on folders /usr/shar, /opt and file system storage shortage.

My cluster is up and running, thank you to all who helped.

Highlighted

New Contributor

Hi @Karasten ,

I am also facing the same error "Fatal error: Directory creation failed" while reinstalling Cloudera Manager on my VM. Can you please share the steps followed to resolve this? How do I change the rights on the folder and clear space on the file system?

Thanks,

Abishek

Highlighted

Community Manager

@Abishek_arun , As this is an older post, you would have a better chance of receiving a resolution by starting a new thread. This will also be an opportunity to provide details specific to your environment that could aid others in assisting you with a more accurate answer to your question. You could link this thread in the new post for reference.

Regards,

Vidya Sargur,
Community Manager

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

Learn more about the Cloudera Community: