Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

CDH 6.3 | CredentialManager is trying to renew a ticket for the SOLR service that is no longer present

Highlighted

CDH 6.3 | CredentialManager is trying to renew a ticket for the SOLR service that is no longer present

Explorer

Greetings,

Yesterday while digging through the logs I found out that cloudera-scm-agent.log has frequent entries like this:

07/Jan/2020 09:59:00 +0000] 22803 CredentialManager kt_renewer WARNING Couldn't kinit as 'solr/<hostname>' using /var/run/cloudera-scm-agent/process/2580-solr-SOLR_SERVER/solr.keytab --- kinit: Key table file '/var/run/cloudera-scm-agent/process/2580-solr-SOLR_SERVER/solr.keytab' not found while getting initial credentials 

This is unexpected as the Solr service is no longer present, I removed it manually (a couple months ago).

How could I tell the Credential Manager service to stop trying to renew the kerberos ticket for Solr?

Thank you, kind regards,

Julius 

Edit: after manually removing the solr principal the error changes to:

[07/Jan/2020 10:29:02 +0000] 22803 CredentialManager kt_renewer WARNING Couldn't kinit as 'solr/<hostname>' using /var/run/cloudera-scm-agent/process/2580-solr-SOLR_SERVER/solr.keytab --- kinit: Client 'solr/<hostname>' not found in Kerberos database while getting initial credentials
3 REPLIES 3

Re: CDH 6.3 | CredentialManager is trying to renew a ticket for the SOLR service that is no longer present

Explorer

*bump* any ideas?

Highlighted

Re: CDH 6.3 | CredentialManager is trying to renew a ticket for the SOLR service that is no longer present

Expert Contributor

@matagyula Can you check if the principal is present in the CM > Security > Kerberos Credentials . If it's there then you have delete that as well. 

Highlighted

Explorer

Hi @GangWar,

The SOLR principal is not present in CM.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here