Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

CDH to CDP Migration

Highlighted

CDH to CDP Migration

Contributor

Hello,

Do we have a straight migration / upgrade path from CDH 5.x or 6.x to CDP on Azure? I tried to get this info in various forums / Cloudera documentations, however, was unable to find anything. Probably there is no such path or I may have missed something.

Still, looking for a reconfirmation or guidance or advise on this.

Please help.

Thanks

Snm1523

4 REPLIES 4

Re: CDH to CDP Migration

Explorer

As per my knowledge, I think there is no such path available. But if I find anything relatable I will let you know. Also, you can contact the support team for information on this. They can help you with something.

Regards,

Lewis

Highlighted

Contributor

Hello @Lewis ,

Thank you for the reply.

I have a scenario, we are on multiple cdh 5.x versions on multiple clusters. Along with a small piece on Altus.

Goal is to get everything on Azure, in such case would your opinion be to setup a fresh CDP on Azure and then move data and applications cluster by cluster to CDP?

Thanks

snm1523

Highlighted

Super Collaborator

@snm1523 Your best resource would be to contact sales for the most up to date information.

Cheers!
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.
Highlighted

Contributor

Hello @GangWar,

Thank you for the reply,

Contacting Cloudera is certainly a best option and would most likely go for it. However, currently the project is in discussion and I was just trying to get views / thoughts from the community on such a scenario if anybody had ever come across.

Thanks

snm1523

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here