Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

CDH version for HDFS-4301

Solved Go to solution
Highlighted

CDH version for HDFS-4301

Hi Everyone, anyone has idea which version of cdh has the fix for below issue (HDFS-4301).

i am using cdh 4.1.3, i am facing below issue, so i thought of upgrade it to the version which has fix for below issue.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-4301

Best Regards,
Bommuraj

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: CDH version for HDFS-4301

Expert Contributor

Hiya!

That ticket is marked as a duplicat of HDFS-3405, which is fixed in CDH5 (5.0.0+).

You can see this by looking at the release notes for HDFS in CDH 5.0.0 and seraching for HDFS-3405.

5 REPLIES 5

Expert Contributor

Hiya!

That ticket is marked as a duplicat of HDFS-3405, which is fixed in CDH5 (5.0.0+).

You can see this by looking at the release notes for HDFS in CDH 5.0.0 and seraching for HDFS-3405.

Thank you very much for your reply !!!

Best Regards,
Bommuraj

busbey , i just got this question out of curious.

i am using cdh 4.1.3 , can i just apply this patch manully to fix the issue instead of upgrading the cluster.

Because, i dont have much time to go the upgrade.

kindly advice me  :)

Best Regards,
Bommuraj

Expert Contributor

I'd recommend just going through the upgrade. CDH4 -> CDH5 is relatively painless, especially if you're doing new development.

My guess is it will take you longer to get through patching and building than it takes to upgrade.

Thank you  very much busbey... i will do the upgrade from cdh4 -> cdh5.

Best Regards,
Bommuraj