Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

CDH4 installation problem

Solved Go to solution

CDH4 installation problem

New Contributor
Hello!
I am installing Cloudera CDH4 using Cloudera Manager on Ubuntu 12.04 (using parcels). I am installing CDH on cluster that consists of two nodes (two virtual machines). Both nodes can ping each other and both have SSH installed. I follow the instruction from cloudera site. I get to the moment where Cloudera Manager is starting installation and in my opinion it hangs. I see 
" Cluster installation
Installation in process"
for hours. Any Idea what can I do?
The "Continue" button is unuseable and when I click "Back" button I see the window to approve abort operation. When I click "OK" nothing change.
Any help would be appreciate!
Regards
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: CDH4 installation problem

New Contributor

The reason was that I didn't put repository address (I miss that). When I did installation process has started. Thank You for Your help.

Regards

Andrzej

4 REPLIES 4

Master Collaborator

There should be a log file in your /tmp directory on the machines called "scm_prepare_node.???"  (I think that's about right, replace the question marks with a random string).  Can you share with us the contents of that file?

New Contributor

Hello!

Thanks for answering. Unfortunately in /tmp there is no files You said. There is only catalog: /tmp/hsperfdata_cloudera-scm and in this catalog is one file: 1422. This is binary file so I am not sure You want to watch on it. On the second node there is no files or catalogs in /tmp that might by conected with CDH.

Any idea what to do next?

Regards

Andrzej

New Contributor

The reason was that I didn't put repository address (I miss that). When I did installation process has started. Thank You for Your help.

Regards

Andrzej

Master Collaborator

Thanks for the follow-up, glad its working now!

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here