Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

CDP trial adding clusters failing

Explorer

Cluster manager looks fine

Ubuntu 20.04, bare metal host. No SElinux, no firewall

The agent log says

BEGIN sudo dpkg -l openjdk8 | grep -E '^ii[[:space:]]*openjdk8[[:space:]]*'
dpkg-query: no packages found matching openjdk8
END (1)
BEGIN sudo apt-cache show openjdk8
E: No packages found

If you skip JDK installation in the wizard, it fails with

BEGIN sudo dpkg -l cloudera-manager-agent | grep -E '^ii[[:space:]]*cloudera-manager-agent[[:space:]]*'
dpkg-query: no packages found matching cloudera-manager-agent

Any clues?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Explorer

Thanks for all the input.

We reinstalled ubuntu 20.04 and started fresh. It failed again but this time the log showed that curl was missing on the machine. Manually installed curl and basically monitored the logs in /var/tmp for the nodes to push along any small issues. Finally we got the cluster installed. However, it still had some health monitoring and inconsistencies when installing services.

Finally, we dropped Ubuntu and went with centOS 7. Had better luck with that, the errors were more manageable. Anyone going though this I think Ubuntu 20.04 cluster scripts/error messages are a bit immature, go with RHEL if you can.

Also, take any health warning reported by the cloduera manager seriously like "swappiness". They are "Warnings" but will save you a ton of time if addressed ahead of time.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Master Guru

@aval What is the repo content you are having in the repo file? 

Cheers!
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

Explorer

repos has mostly empty folder with blank /unbuntu-focal/cloudera.manager.list

Master Guru

@aval Can you tell me which doc you are following and are you adding 2nd cluster in the same CM? There should be repo file in this location. 

Cheers!
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.

Explorer

This is the first cluster I'm adding. 

I'm installing per this reference:

https://docs.cloudera.com/cdp-private-cloud-base/7.1.7/installation/topics/cdpdc-trial-installation....

So far I have the cluster manager setup and I'm trying to follow the next set of instructions to add a cluster. 

Master Guru

@aval Run the rpm -qa | grep -i cloudera on the host and send the output also confirm the Java version being used. 

I am wondering if you can just simply install the openjdk on host and try installing the cluster. That should work. 

Cheers!

New Contributor

i also got this error on ubuntu 20.04

Explorer

Thanks for all the input.

We reinstalled ubuntu 20.04 and started fresh. It failed again but this time the log showed that curl was missing on the machine. Manually installed curl and basically monitored the logs in /var/tmp for the nodes to push along any small issues. Finally we got the cluster installed. However, it still had some health monitoring and inconsistencies when installing services.

Finally, we dropped Ubuntu and went with centOS 7. Had better luck with that, the errors were more manageable. Anyone going though this I think Ubuntu 20.04 cluster scripts/error messages are a bit immature, go with RHEL if you can.

Also, take any health warning reported by the cloduera manager seriously like "swappiness". They are "Warnings" but will save you a ton of time if addressed ahead of time.

New Contributor

it worked after i install the curl😀 Thanks!