Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

CDSW gateway nodes not able to start after stopped while not using cluster (on AWS)

CDSW gateway nodes not able to start after stopped while not using cluster (on AWS)

New Contributor

Hi Everyone, 

I have setup a six nodes cluster (EDH) on AWS: 3 worker nodes, 1 namenode, 2 gateway nodes. 

Outside office hours, I normally stopped all instances and it was working OK until I have started installing cdsw. 

If i stop cluster, stop MGMT service and stop ec2 instances, on next day, 2 gateway nodes are not able to start and failed at  "Instance Status Checks" in aws.

How can I gracefully stop start gateway nodes after installing CDSW ? If not, everyday i need to reinstall gateway nodes is not fun. 

Thanks !

Tin

1 REPLY 1

Re: CDSW gateway nodes not able to start after stopped while not using cluster (on AWS)

Guru
Do you find any errors as to why it stuck at status checking stage? I am not sure where to look for errors in AWS though, but we at least need to find out what is reported to know what to do next.
Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here