Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

CM database fail over setup

CM database fail over setup

Contributor

Hello All,

How do I configure CM database (Oracle server 12.x) to fail over i.e. (one server fails so other picks up)? This database is being used by CM and other associated components.

Any assistance is appreciated.

Regards

Wert

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: CM database fail over setup

Contributor

Requesting any assistance on this

Highlighted

Hello @wert_1311 ,

thank you for reaching out about how to configure high-availability for CM.

Can you please specify the version you are using, so I can send you the most relevant information?

In the meantime, please find below the documentation covering your enquiry for CM6.3.

Please let me know if it covers your enquiry. Please do not miss to read the Database High Availability Configuration section.

Best regards:

Ferenc

Ferenc Erdelyi, Technical Solutions Manager

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

Learn more about the Cloudera Community:

Highlighted

Contributor

Hi @Bender ,

Thanks for your reply .We are using CM / CDH 5.16.3. the pain point we have is, CM and associated Hadoop stack (hive, hue, sentry, Oozie and cloudera manager) connect to Oracle DB, whenever DB or Unix Team needs to carry out maintenance activity we are required to shut down the Hadoop cluster impacting on the availability. Hence looking for ways to setup database fail over.

Our Oracle DB (Oracle 12c) has 2 instances running and all our other application connect to this DB using a scan-ip, hence if one instance goes down the application automatically connect to another instance, thus there is no downtime. We were thinking of the same if that can be done for our Hadoop cluster / stack.

Would like to know if this is possible, if not then what is the other way to overcome this.

Regards

Wert

Highlighted

Hello @wert_1311 ,

thank you for letting us know that you are using CDH5.16.3.

I would consider Oracle's solutions for DB high availability.

Our documentation describes:

"Oracle supports a wide variety of free and paid upgrades to their database technology that support increased availability guarantees, such as their Maximum Availability Architecture (MAA) recommendations."

You can also consider implementing Backup and Disaster Recovery.

Please let us know if it helps!

Kind regards:
Ferenc

Ferenc Erdelyi, Technical Solutions Manager

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

Learn more about the Cloudera Community:

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here