Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

CM host not pushing the packages into other hosts during CDP Cluster wizard installation

Explorer

Hello All,

I am trying to install CDP cluster. after my Cloudera Manager is up, all my 6 hosts are detected, the user authenticated, when I go to the step of Installing agents on the nodes, Only the CM server gets succesful and rest of the nodes get failed with the error.

"yum-config-manager --save --setopt=<repoid>.skip_if_unavailable=true

Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: cloudera-manager"

I can sense that the Cloudera manager server is not able to connect to the other hosts due to something missing but I completed all the pre requisites. even the passwordless ssh between the hosts, thats why all the servers were detected and the installation proceeded with the user credentials.

The cloudera agent logs say the below error on the succesful CM nodes

1446 Monitor-HostMonitor throttling_logger ERROR (359 skipped) ntpq: ntpq -np: not synchronized to any server
1446 MainThread agent INFO Stopping agent...

With the research I did feel that the ntpq has some config issues and it is not synchronized with the other servers and I checked few things on it.

I see the stratum is 16. which means it is not in sync.. and there is no star next to the network host name.
ntpq -c pe
remote refid st t when poll reach delay offset jitter
==============================================================================
timesync.mts.co .XFAC. 16 u - 1024 0 0.000 0.000 0.000
timesync.mts.co .XFAC. 16 u - 1024 0 0.000 0.000 0.000

ntpq -c "rv 9464"
associd=9464 status=8011 conf, sel_reject, 1 event, mobilize,
srcadr=ctsinpunsxud.cts.com, srcport=123, dstadr=10.127.116.119,
dstport=123, leap=11, stratum=16, precision=-24, rootdelay=0.000,
rootdisp=0.000, refid=XFAC,

I could see the /etc/yum.repos.d/ of the other cluster nodes haven't gotten the cloudera-manager repos yet.

Questions: what could be the issue for the CM not connecting with the cluster nodes ?
Is it the ntpq or some other issue ?
please help in connecting other hosts from my CM server to install the parcels using the wizard. or should I manually install the agent packages. if I install manually how will future components or the CM-agent will communicate within the cluster.

Thank you !

1 REPLY 1

Master Guru

@sass First you should resolve the NTP issue as if you install the packages manually still you are going to face issue between communication. So time sync between server is the first step you should take. 

You can refer this NTP guide to troubleshoot : http://support.ntp.org/bin/view/Support/TroubleshootingNTP 

Cheers!
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.