Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

CM thinks I have multiple clusters when I have only one.

Highlighted

CM thinks I have multiple clusters when I have only one.

New Contributor

I'm using CM 5.4.1 with CDH5.4.5.  I've noticed an oddity in the behavior of CM.  It shows that I have multiple clusters named "Cluster 2"

in the graphs and occasionally when I log back in, it attempts to go through a cluster setup wizard, but with no hosts selected. When 

I finally get into CM, bypassing the wizard, I would see a new cluster called "Cluster 2" running CDH5.0.0 but with no hosts.  I can

delete the cluster from CM, but it still shows up multiple times in the charts.

Any ideas on how to resolve this?

Screen Shot 2015-09-08 at 3.15.43 PM.png

2 REPLIES 2

Re: CM thinks I have multiple clusters when I have only one.

Cloudera Employee

Hi, 

This is an known issue. What happens is that in an earlier session, you probably tried to add a new cluster, but quit half way through.

CM remembered that wizard was unfinished and tried to continue the wizard for you.

However the first thing it does is perform where it thinks you left off, which is creating a cluster. This is a bug and we will fix it soon.

In the mean time, you can

1. click on the [Add Cluster] button on the top right corner.

2. click the Cloudera Manager Logo to go back to the home page.

Depending on the version of CM that you are using, that action will clear the state remembered on the server and you won't get the annoying wizard again.

If that didn't work, try this

1. going to the URL /cmf/express-wizard/welcome

2. click the logo to go back to the home screen

--------

If the above is done correctly, the second cluster won't reappear and the data for the second cluster in the charts will eventually go away. 

Highlighted

Re: CM thinks I have multiple clusters when I have only one.

New Contributor

How long does it take to have the chart data go away? 

Is there a way to proactively clean that out?

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here