Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

CM5 Service Monitor Failed & Could Not Connect to Host Monitor Errors

CM5 Service Monitor Failed & Could Not Connect to Host Monitor Errors

New Contributor

Hi,

I installed CDH5 using installation path A and everthing is working with the exception of the monitoring.  

All services have "Unknown Health", charts have the error of "Unable to issue query: could not connect to the Host Monitor", the top of the home page has "Request to the Service Monitor failed. This may cause slow page responses".  The last error when clicking into it returns a 404 error.

Looking at the logs I'm seeing the following warnings:

1 - WARN [1752771961@scm-web-7:cmf.StatusProvider@503] Failed to get status.

2 - WARN [1202997703@scm-web-1:tsquery.TimeSeriesQueryService@503] Could not find a HOST_MONITORING nozzle from SCM.

3 - WARN [44428231@scm-web-34:cmf.EventsController@503] Exception querying events com.cloudera.cmon.MgmtServiceLocatorException: There is no configured event store

I'd appreciate any insight.

Thanks - J

10 REPLIES 10

Re: CM5 Service Monitor Failed & Could Not Connect to Host Monitor Errors

Master Guru
Can you post your entire Service and Host monitor logs here, or via pastebin links?

New Contributor

this is entire Service and Host monitor logs

ServerLog

Re: CM5 Service Monitor Failed

I don't have a QQ account. Please use a service like pastebin that doesn't
need us to sign in.

Regards,
Gautam Gopalakrishnan

New Contributor

Hi, i have the same problem,did you have resolve it ? very thanks~!

Expert Contributor

i got the same error,

Restart your Cloudera management services,it will get working.

New Contributor
Does your CM work well? I met the same truble: 2014-11-13 21:39:24,485 WARN 460709139@scm-web-34:com.cloudera.server.cmf.tsquery.TimeSeriesQueryService: (107 skipped) Could not find a HOST_MONITORING nozzle from SCM. com.cloudera.cmon.MgmtServiceLocatorException: Could not find a HOST_MONITORING nozzle from SCM. at com.cloudera.cmon.MgmtServiceLocator.getNozzleIPC(MgmtServiceLocator.java:141) at com.cloudera.server.cmf.tsquery.NozzleRequest.(NozzleRequest.java:50) at com.cloudera.server.cmf.tsquery.TimeSeriesMultiRequest.(TimeSeriesMultiRequest.java:48) at com.cloudera.server.cmf.tsquery.TimeSeriesQueryService.queryTimeSeries(TimeSeriesQueryService.java:306) at com.cloudera.server.web.cmf.charts.TimeSeriesQueryController.queryTimeSeriesHelper(TimeSeriesQueryController.java:303) at com.cloudera.server.web.cmf.charts.TimeSeriesQueryController.queryTimeSeries(TimeSeriesQueryController.java:269) at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor808.invoke(Unknown Source) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606) at org.springframework.web.bind.annotation.support.HandlerMethodInvoker.invokeHandlerMethod(HandlerMethodInvoker.java:176) at org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.annotation.AnnotationMethodHandlerAdapter.invokeHandlerMethod(AnnotationMethodHandlerAdapter.java:436) at org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.annotation.AnnotationMethodHandlerAdapter.handle(AnnotationMethodHandlerAdapter.java:424) at org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doDispatch(DispatcherServlet.java:790) at org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doService(DispatcherServlet.java:719) at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.processRequest(FrameworkServlet.java:669) at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.doPost(FrameworkServlet.java:585) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:727) …… ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I really don't know why? If anyone can tell me why ,I would be grateful.

New Contributor

Explorer

i user cm version 5.4.5, after i reboot the cluster, i also has the same problem. The admin console output "Request to the Service Monitor failed. This may cause slow page responses. View the status of the Service Monitor.", who can solve it

New Contributor

This may sound like a silly solution and I'm sure will not fix everyones problem but I was able to get both my host & service monitors back up and running with a simple restart of the monitors.

This has worked for me in 2 diffent CDH managed environments.

The question now is what caused them to fail in the first place?

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here