Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

CSV to Cassandra with list column

Highlighted

CSV to Cassandra with list column

New Contributor

Hi,

I checked out some of the recommended already asked questions but didn't find anything appropriate.

I have a CSV file with 3 columns. All of them contain (obviously) text but one of them should actually represent a list which means that there are comma separated values in (of course escaped by \). Now I want to write these values into a Cassandra table which has a column of type list<text> so I need to convert the plain text which I get from reading the CSV into an array which will then be processed correctly by the PutCassandraRecord processor. I'm using an Avro schema for describing the data.

How can I do that or is there any other way of using the PutCassandraRecord processor to insert a value into a column of type list?

Thanks and best regards

Dennis

1 REPLY 1

Re: CSV to Cassandra with list column

New Contributor

I've tried it using the UpdateRecord processor but since there is no datatype array in NiFi EL I couldn't figure out a working solution so I'm still hoping for feedback.