Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Can Ambari monitor the existing apache hadoop cluster ?

Highlighted

Can Ambari monitor the existing apache hadoop cluster ?

New Contributor

I have researched many open source monitoring tools(ganglia,ELK stack,zabbix etc) to monitor existing Bigdata component cluster. I got some success with Ganglia and ELK for hadoop metrics only. I have to monitor other components also like hive,kafka,hbase,spark. I have used Ambari before also but that time i have installed all the components through ambari only.

This time i already have all the bigdata components installed/configured and i want to provision,manage and perform admin tasks through ambari GUI.

Is this possible with Ambari to monitor existing bigdata components ?

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Can Ambari monitor the existing apache hadoop cluster ?

@Tajinderpal Singh

You need to perform the so-called Takeover by Ambari, check this for your options.

New Contributor

Can Takeover by Ambari work for cluster consisting of plain apache bigdata components also or for HDP only ?

@Tajinderpal Singh

Takeover by Apache Ambari should work find non HDP installation as well.

please see the sample scripts that i found from some git repo. (I did not test it though)

https://github.com/saurabhmishra/Ambari

New Contributor

The github link install through blueprint. I am not sure if it will take the existing cluster.

Also,how to use Takeover by Ambari in the link https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AMBARI...

Rising Star

hi ,

please provide steps for takeover by ambari?

thanks,

RIshit SHah

New Contributor

Hi @Tajinderpal Singh,

Were you able to perform takeover by ambari on existing hadoop cluster with plain apache hadoop components and not HDP? Can you please share the steps

Thanks,

Jyotsna