Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Can I configure Atlas to get Data lineage, running in a separate Kubernetes docker container

Highlighted

Can I configure Atlas to get Data lineage, running in a separate Kubernetes docker container

New Contributor

I am new to Apache Atlas, and would like to know if I install Atlas in a separate Kubernetes Docker container instead of HDP, can I use that to get Data lineage out of a HDP cluster. And if yes what is the process.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Can I configure Atlas to get Data lineage, running in a separate Kubernetes docker container

Contributor

Hi @adutta24 , 

I am currently working on deploying Apache Atlas Container (latest version 2.0) on Kubernetes cluster. 

There is no Docker image for Atlas 2.0 in Docker hub.  So, I had to get it from images hosted in Github. 

Facing few issues but I am working on it.  I will let you know as soon as I deploy it on Kubernetes. 

If you have already deployed Atlas in Kubernetes, please let me know how you did it. 

Thanks and Regards,

Sudhindra

Highlighted

Re: Can I configure Atlas to get Data lineage, running in a separate Kubernetes docker container

New Contributor

Hey @ssk26 , I have a similar task to host Apache Atlas on K8s and it's good to have some peers on the path. How's your progress. Are you trying to host the HA setup? Please let me know if you have that done. I will share once I see the lights.

Thanks,

Zhengyi

Highlighted

Explorer

Hi,

Did anyone manage to deploy on k8s. If yes, please let us know.

Highlighted

New Contributor

I would like to know as well. Currently I am also exploring this option and would share it if I am successful in doing that.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here